If you’ve followed our 52 hikes, you know that this isn’t just about hiking. The hiking and the writing were also about me figuring out my life. I needed something to keep me going after a significant heart break and you know what, it did.
So, here are some of my thoughts on the journey. The next post will be hike 53. I won’t bore you.
1. I have lost 67 pounds since last summer. I’m not done yet.
2. I have lost 43 inches total off of my body since last summer. I’m not done yet.
3. I have gone down 5 clothing sizes since last summer.
4. I have re-discovered how absolutely amazing my two best friends are. Rich Simons and Becky Curry are the kindest most sincere people I have ever had the privilege to meet. Without them I wouldn’t have survived. I mean that.
5. I realize that my ex was not the right person for me, and I am hopeful that someday I will find the right person.
6. I want to have children someday. That was off the table before. Now it’s not. That’s exciting.
7. Remington and I are the best of friends. Remington hugs can cure the worst of bad moods.
8. I have the best family on this planet of earth. Don’t even try to deny it.
9. My body is capable of incredible things. I’m going to continue to push to keep it healthy and amazing.
10. I love so many people. I can’t even begin to list you all. In the past year, I have rediscovered what friendship means and how friends treat one another. One of my favorite people is 15. One of my favorite people is 62. I wouldn’t trade either of them for anything. You fill my heart with love everyday. I thank you all. I hope you know who you are because I tell you.